PII, as defined by privacy law and information security, is information that can be used alone or in combination with other information to identify, contact or locate a single person, or to identify a person in context.
When ordering, registering or contacting us on our site, you may be asked to enter your e-mail address or other details to help you use the platform correctly.
We collect information from you when you submit our contact form.
We may use the information we collect from you when you contact us, register, make a purchase (when we add this feature), subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website or use certain other features of the site in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to enable us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
Our website is regularly scanned for security breaches and known vulnerabilities to ensure that your visit to our site is as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you provide is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits or accesses their information to ensure the safety of your personal information.
We may store 'cookies' for Google Analytics if they are embedded.
You can choose to have your computer warn you when a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. As each browser is a little different, you can find the right way to modify your cookies in the Help menu of your browser. If you disable cookies, some features that make your site more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we give users prior notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release information when release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The AVG (GDPR) is the backbone of privacy legislation in the Europe and the concepts it encompasses have played an important role in the development of data protection law around the world.
To be compliant with the AVG, we will take the following responsive action should a data breach occur:
We will notify you by email within 2 working days we will also agree to the right to modify or delete personal information, which requires that individuals have the right to assert legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who do not comply with the law.
This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
For the reservations and payments we make use of a SimplyBook.me. Below you will find their terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are effective from 06. August 2020 (updated as of 23 September 2019)
SimplyBook.me is a supplier that enables system users such as Foundation For the Love of Amsterdam to offer various functions regarding booking, communication, data- and payment processing.
Service Provider or User - Company or individual that provides services, rents tools, equipment, space etc. and uses the SimplyBook.me system to accept and process online bookings, send promotions, sell products and do other related things that help them run their service business.
Customer(s) or Service Buyer(s) - Customers can be any type of person who books an appointment or buys a product online from a service provider that has a user account with the SimplyBook.me system. For example, this could be a patient, student or customer. SimplyBook.me is the data processor for the customers of the SimplyBook.me system. The user of the system, often the same as the service provider, is the administrator of your data (the customer data). You may ask the data controller for any personal information it may hold about you, remove it, and correct it at your request.
Acceptable use policy
If you use the SimplyBook. me system or related sites, you agree that you will not:
- violate any laws, third-party rights, or our policies;
- use our sites and tools when you are unable to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18;
- will not provide the services ordered from you unless the purchaser receives a refund or can obtain a similar or same service at another time and on another date agreed upon by both parties;
- interfere with the offers of other users;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory content (including personal information) or use the service and the site for link-building purposes;
- take measures which may undermine the feedback and/or assessment systems;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or other technologies which may harm visitors to the site;
- collect or otherwise collect information about users, including e-mail addresses and credit cards, without their consent.